Reception of the day¶
In order to check in to PyCon JP you will need to bring with you one of the following:
- Your connpass ticket (print out, or smartphone is OK)
- For those who registered via bank deposit, please bring the reception number and the bank deposit receipt.
View Larger Map
1-10-40 Higashi-Ooi, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo
- 3 minutes walk: Shinagawa Seaside Station(Rinkai Line)
- 9 minutes walk: Samezu Station(Keihin Kyuko Line)
- 10 minutes walk: Aomono Yokocho Station(Keihin Kyuko Line)
- 18 minutes walk: Oimachi Station(JR Keihin Tohoku/Negishi Line)
- Conference registration is held on the 2nd floor. Please see the venue map for more info.
- We are expecting the venue to be crowded at registration time. Please use the stairs rather than the elevator.
- Attendees who registered on connpass should bring a print out of their ticket, or show the ticket at registration using their smartphone.
- Invited attendees and those who did not purchase tickets should bring the previously requested information.
- Please understand, that attendees who have forgotten their ticket or registration information may not be able to enter the event.
- All attendees must pre-register. There will not be tickets sold at the conference. As we do not accept cancellation, there is no waitlist.
- Registration Goods
- Pamphlet, name tag, SWAG
- Name Tag
- Please wear your given name tag at all times during the conference.
- We may ask those without a name tag to leave the conference area.
- Late Registration, Early Exit
- There is no limit on late registration. You may register at any time.
- Please take your name tag with you when you leave.
- Please take some time to fill out the conference survey on the web before you leave.
Caution about Photos¶
- Staff will be taking photos of the conference.
- We will be taking photos and recording live video during the conference for historic and promotional purposes.
- Some photos may be used and published in a conference report via online news media.
- Attendees may take photos during the conference (speakers, LT, venue, etc.)
There are a limited number of power outlets (Some rooms have a very few).
Please use the outlets sparingly and consider other attendees.
|Network||Wireless internet will be available.|
We will be serving lunch generously provided by our sponsors.
We will post the time when lunch will be served. Please eat lunch during the alloted time.
Lunch may not be able to serve the time after 14.
|Food & Drink||
Bringing food and drink into the conference is permitted.
However, we ask that you only eat in the cafeteria or other allotted areas.
|Garbage||Garbage cans will be provided, but we ask that as much as possible that you take your trash with you when you leave.|
|Smoking Areas||There is one area designated for smoking (2F near the cafeteria). Smoking in other areas of the venue is not permitted.|
|Live Video||We will be streaming all talks live via YouTube Live.|
Conference App (guidebook)¶
You can view the PyCon JP 2012 program and other info in the conference Guidebook app.
You can install the Guidebook app and download the PyCon JP guide for free.
- You can view the directions the venue and venue map.
- You can view the conference program, program detail, and you can view program by track or room from program detail.
- You can bookmark talks you would like to attend and create your own conference schedule.
- You can create a TODO list of items you would like to do while you are at the conference.
- You can like various talks and share in realtime.
You can download the guidebook via the link in the banner above or via the QR code below.
Guide for disabled people¶
There are elevators at the venue. Although there are stairs at the front entrance, there are elevators behind stairs. These elevators make you access all the part of the venue including meal areas. There are no accessible bathrooms.
There are no guide blocks and braille guide for the visual impaired.
Since we expect a substantial crowd, if you need, please take assistants with you. We do not provide assistants.
You do not have to participants registration for your assistants. Let us know about it at the reception.
- Q1. Do disabled people need to notice their disabilities?
- A1. Please let us know in advance by mail(email@example.com).
- Q2. Do we provide foods and drinks for assistants?
- A2. Yes, we do. But novelties would not be provided.
- Q3. Can assistants take seats during the session.
- A3. Yes, they can.